Saturday, March 29, 2014

Not what we wanted...

However, we know The Lord has a plan! This past Monday we found out that we lost the baby. We knew going in to this that this was a possibility since nothing has really been found to be wrong, but we wanted to give it another try. I did have very good reports from the specialist each time I went up until 9 weeks along. At 10 weeks, I went to see my regular OB and he did a ultrasound as well.  I was expecting everything to be fine, but it wasn't. The doctors are completely baffled and we are too. I had outpatient surgery 2 days ago and missed the whole week of school. 

As I said in my last post, we are very happy with Clancy-man and he is such a joy! We feel blessed to have him, especially in light of what we have gone through over the past 2 1/2 years. He is definitely our miracle child. We just didn't know it at the time. 

I am doing really well. You don't ever get used to losing a baby, but I will say that the shock factor is not as great when you know there is a possibility that something could go wrong. My doctor has been amazing and has done everything he could to help us. I am not sure we will ever go down this road again, but that can be decided at a later time. Right now, I want to take care of my body physically and let it heal and also heal emotionally. 

To top things off, Clint is out of town for work and it is important training. When he left he was nervous that something might happen while he was gone, and it did, but his mom came and helped me so much! She left this morning to head home. 

I am so thankful for all of the sweet messages that I have received. I can feel the prayers that are being said and I am really feeling positive about everything. Clancy has been my little helper and is actually a very good little nurse for a 5 year old! He does not know that I was pregnant, he just knows that I was sick. He is so resilient. He just enjoys life to the fullest and keeps me going and my mind off of things! He is the best distraction ever!

Once again, thank you all so much for your kind words and prayers! 

Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment