Getting back to work is so good for me because I am surrounded by such positive people. I feel very blessed to work at a school that supports me in this journey and hurts along with me. It sure makes going to work much easier. There are teachers at my school that have been where I'm at and teachers going through similar situations right now. We can visit with each other and it feels so good to not be alone. Being so far from family, it is nice to feel as though I have family at work. On Thursday morning we had to be at the hospital at 7:00 am and it is an hour drive. We had to have something to do with Clancy, so we dropped him off at a teacher friend's house at 5:45 am! What a good feeling to have someone willing to take him and happy to do it.
Quite a few teachers at my school also go to church with me, including my pastor's wife. That is such a blessing! The day that I knew something was wrong, I was in such a state and walking down the hall to leave school and go to the doctor. I was feeling very alone and as I was walking down the hall, Heidi, my pastor's wife, almost ran into me. She could tell something was wrong and I just began to cry and tell her. She immediately walked with me to the office to get someone for my class and then prayed with me before I left school. I cannot tell you how awesome that was! The Lord definitely had a hand in me running into her before leaving for the doctor.
Clancy's home daycare provider, Veronica, has also been an amazing blessing! She is like family and loves Clancy like her own. I know that I can call her anytime and she will be there. On Wednesday when we found out about the miscarriage, we were late getting back from the doctor and she told us not to hurry that Clancy was fine with her. What a nice feeling to know that he was happy and being taken care of. I don't ever want to take her for granted! We are truly blessed!
Today I have been reminded of just how blessed we are to have such wonderful people in our lives in Dodge City!
Clint and I have decided that we are going to meet with a specialists before we attempt to have another child. His sister has been a big help in recommending a doctor. My brother-in-law, her husband, is in medical school residency in Oklahoma City and Kendra is also a nurse practitioner, so their recommendation is certainly one we wanted to consider! We are choosing to go to Oklahoma City to the specialists for a few reasons. The first being that it is only 1 1/2 hours further than Wichita and we have a place to stay with his sister and she will keep Clancy when we go to the doctor. Also, if we end up moving from Dodge City, we hope to move back closer to OKC so having a doctor there just makes more sense. When you live in Western Kansas you just have to accept the fact that if you are going to go to a specialist you will have to travel! We don't go until mid-November, so we have time to process what happened before thinking about it again.
To those of you who have left kind words on Facebook or in the comments or sent me a sweet text, thank you so much! It truly helps to know that so many people care. I know I will have more tough days, but today was good and for that I am grateful!!
I'm so thankful you are surrounded by folks that love you and make this journey easier for you. I wish that we were closer but since we are not, I'm glad that God has put loving folks in your life. Love you bunches!
ReplyDelete